Coronado Preventive Medicine is oriented to the optimization of health through wellness and the prevention of disease.
Health is the most basic prerequisite for quality of life.
Good Health can be broken up into 5 main categories:
- Cognitive Health – the ability to think clearly and enjoy good memory
- Movement Health – the ability to move through your environment with power, balance and endurance, free from pain
- Sexual Health – the maintenance of libido and performance throughout life
- Digestive Health – eating and elimination without bloating, pain, diarrhea, or constipation
- Immune Health – the ability to resist infectious disease and cancer
Obtaining well-being in these five areas is achieved by a comprehensive evaluation of diet and nutritional status, individual genetic profile, exercise patterns, body composition (muscle, fat, and bone mass), neurologic integrity, sleep quality, digestive function, and hormone status. Intervention can then be undertaken in these areas as required. If hormone supplementation is indicated, bioidentical hormones are used exclusively. Reducing or eliminating the need for prescription drugs is an important corollary objective.
Returning you as closely as possible to the lean, vibrant, and vigorous person you were in your youth is the goal of this practice.